These are the principles that guide everything we do and every decision
- Cook food from scratch using fresh, local & seasonal ingredients.
- Take our role in the community seriously by making responsible purchasing decisions with socially-aware local vendors & partners.
- Serve great tasting nutritious food . . . including abundant vegetarian, dairy-free & gluten-free options.
- Provide opportunities for employees to develop their abilities and potential in an encouraging, professional & fair environment.
- Utilize appropriate dietary guidelines in our portioning & nutritional values.
- Have fun . . . go home proud of what we did today . . . honor our purpose.
About Trio’s Owners
A graduate of the California Culinary Academy, Lisa brings over thirty years of culinary and food service management experience. Lisa directs the culinary operations at all of Trio’s contracted schools and catering events. She is responsible for menu development, staff training, and safety & sanitation standards. Since 2004, Lisa has directed the food service operations at various schools at the elementary, secondary, and community college levels. She has managed kitchens both small and large, supervising as many as 40 employees and volunteers. Prior to her institutional experience, Lisa was the co-owner and pastry chef of Ivy House Restaurant in Portland for seven years, where she earned the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.
Chief Operating Officer
Prior to co-founding Trio, Michelle took care of some of the area’s most elite clients for twenty-five years as a catering supervisor in downtown Portland. Michelle directs all customer service functions in addition to catering operations at Trio’s contracted sites, corporate catering, and in-home events. From continental breakfasts to high-end weddings, Michelle brings a creative eye and unparalleled attention to detail. In addition to her front-of-house experience, she spent eight seasons working on the culinary team for a high-volume commercial cannery in Alaska. Here, she worked eighteen hours per day, seven days per week, preparing and serving three daily meals and snacks from scratch for 1,200 people.